PSORIDERM SCALP LOTION SHAMPOO
Active substance(s): COAL TAR
distilled coal tar 2.5% w/v
Read all of this leaflet carefully before using this product.
Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
If any of the side effects get serious or if you notice any side effects
not listed in this leaflet please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
1. WHAT PSORIDERM SCALP LOTION
SHAMPOO IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
• Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo is a
shampoo treatment for scalp psoriasis (areas
of raised, red, sometimes itchy, patches of
skin, covered with silvery scales without any
blistering or tenderness).
• The shampoo is for use by adults, the
elderly and children.
• This product contains the active ingredient
distilled coal tar, which stops itching and
restores normal skin development.
2. BEFORE YOU USE PSORIDERM SCALP
Do not use the product:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to distilled
coal tar, or any of the other ingredients of
Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo listed in
• on psoriasis that feels and looks sore and
angry, or on pustular psoriasis (which is very
tender, inflamed, and involves small blisters
filled with pus);
• on infected skin.
Take special care when using this product:
Keep the undiluted shampoo, and the lather,
away from the eyes, mouth and the inside
of your nose.
Using other medicines
This product is not known to affect, or to be
affected by, any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
This product can be used during pregnancy and
whilst breast-feeding. The ingredients have been
in widespread use in this and similar preparations
for many years, without reports of problems.
However, safety trials have not been conducted.
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect your
ability to drive or use machinery.
3. HOW TO USE PSORIDERM SCALP
Use this product only as a shampoo to treat
For adults, the elderly and children:
Use as a shampoo, daily if necessary, until your
scalp condition gets better:
• Wet the hair thoroughly.
• Apply a small amount of shampoo to
• With the tips of the fingers, massage
• Leave on for a few minutes.
• Remove as much lather as possible with the
hands (this is important as it will take the
scales with it).
• Rinse out.
• Repeat the steps above.
• Rinse out well under running water, then dry
the hair as normal.
In this leaflet:
1. What Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo is and
what it is used for
2. Before you use Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo
3. How to use Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo
6. Further information
If you use too much of this product
Do not worry if you use too much shampoo, simply
rinse hair under running water and continue as
If you forget to use this product
Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use this
product, just carry on using it when you remember.
If you have any further questions on the use of this
product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, this product can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them.
• The following can occur rarely, in which case
you should stop using the product:
• skin irritation;
• acne-like eruptions;
• skin photo-sensitivity (sensitivity to sunlight).
• In rare cases, it may stain the skin, hair or fabric.
If any of the side effects get serious, or if you notice
any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell
your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor,
pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible
side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also
report side effects directly (see details below).
By reporting side effects you can help provide
more information on the safety of this medicine.
Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/
HPRA Pharmacovigilance, Earlsfort Terrace,
IRL - Dublin 2; Tel: +353 1 6764971;
Fax: +353 1 6762517. Website: www.hpra.ie;
5. HOW TO STORE PSORIDERM SCALP
• Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
• Always replace the cap tightly after use.
• Do not store the product above 25°C.
• Do not use after the expiry date shown on the
bottle and the carton. The expiry date refers to
the last day of that month.
• Medicines should not be disposed of via
household refuse. Ask your pharmacist how to
dispose of medicines no longer required. These
measures will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT
PSORIDERM SCALP LOTION SHAMPOO
What Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo contains:
The active ingredient is distilled coal tar
The other ingredients are lecithin, trolamine
laurilsulfate, lauric acid diethanolamide, ammonium
sulfate, disodium edetate, sodium chloride,
phenoxyethanol and purified water.
What Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo looks
like and contents of the pack
• The product is a golden brown shampoo.
• The shampoo is available in white plastic bottles
containing 250ml fitted with screw caps.
The Marketing Authorisation holder is
Dermal Laboratories, Tatmore Place, Gosmore,
Hitchin, Herts, SG4 7QR, UK.
The Manufacturer is Fleet Laboratories Ltd,
94 Rickmansworth Road, Watford, Herts,
WD18 7JJ, UK.
This leaflet was last revised in May 2017.
To listen to or request a copy of this leaflet in
Braille, large print or audio, please call free of
charge: 0800 198 5000 (UK only).
Please be ready to give the following information:
Psoriderm Scalp Lotion Shampoo, 00173/5001.
This is a service provided by the Royal National
Institute of Blind People (RNIB).
If the shampoo gets into the eyes, nose or
This product, or the lather, may cause irritation if it
gets into the eyes, nose or mouth. If this happens,
rinse the affected areas with plenty of water.
If rinsing one eye, take care to avoid washing
product into the other eye. If irritation persists, tell
your doctor or pharmacist.