POTTERS WATERSHED TABLETS
Active substance(s): BUCHU LEAF / UVA URSI AQUEOUS DRY EXTRACT 5:2
Potter’s Herbals ( logo)
BUCHU AND EXTRACTS OF UVA URSI
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to take Potter’s
Watershed Tablets carefully to get the best results from them.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• You must contact a doctor or a pharmacist if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after
• If you experience any of the side effects listed in the leaflet, or if you notice any other side
effects, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
IN THIS LEAFLET:
1. What Potter’s Watershed Tablets are and what they are used for
2. Before you take Potter’s Watershed Tablets
3. How to take Potter’s Watershed Tablets
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Potter’s Watershed Tablets
6. Further information
1. WHAT POTTER’S WATERSHED TABLETS ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE USED
Potter’s Watershed Tablets are a traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve
symptoms in mild cases of water retention, based on traditional use only.
Containing Buchu and extracts of Uva Ursi
For full details, see Section 6.
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE POTTER’S WATERSHED TABLETS:
Do not take Potter’s Watershed Tablets:
• if you are allergic to any of the ingredients
• if you suffer from kidney or heart problems
• with diuretics used to help relieve water retention
• if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
• if you are elderly or under 18 years of age.
Taking other medicines:
Please ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice if you are taking or have recently taken any
other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding:
You should not use Potter’s Watershed Tablets if you are pregnant or breastfeeding because
there is no evidence that it is safe to do so.
3. HOW TO TAKE POTTER’S WATERSHED TABLETS:
It is important that you follow these instructions carefully.
For oral use: Adults: Two tablets three times a day.
The use in the elderly, children and adolescents under 18 years is not recommended.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If your condition worsens or if symptoms such as fever, spasms or pain when urinating, or
blood in your urine occur or symptoms do not improve after one week, consult your doctor or
If you take too many Potter’s Watershed Tablets:
Stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to take Potter’s Watershed Tablets:
If you miss a dose, take your next dose at the usual time. Do not take two doses at the same
time to make up for a missed dose. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist if you need
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
Like all medicines this product can cause side effects, but not everyone gets them. If any of
the following or other side effects occur, including allergic reactions, stop taking this product
and consult your doctor or pharmacist:
• Nausea, vomiting, stomach-ache have been reported with the use of Uva ursi leaf. The
frequency is not known
• Uva ursi leaf may cause a greenish-brown coloration of the urine.
Reporting of side effects:
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this
5. HOW TO STORE POTTER’S WATERSHED TABLETS:
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Potter’s Watershed Tablets after the expiry date. The expiry date is printed on the
label and base of the carton.
Do not store above 25˚C. Store in the original packaging.
Return any unused medicine to your pharmacist for safe disposal.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION:
Each film coated tablet contains:
88 mg Dry Extract Uva Ursi leaf (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (L.) Spreng) (5:2) (equivalent to
220 mg Uva Ursi leaf)
Extraction Solvent: Water,
55 mg Buchu Leaf Powder (Agathosma betulina (Berg.) Pillans),
This product also contains:
Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Capsicum Powder,
Colloidal Anyhdrous Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin, Juniper Berry Oil, Tablet
coating containing hypromellose, glycerol and hydroxypropyl cellulose
Potter’s Watershed Tablets are pale blue round film coated tablets and are available in
containers of 60 tablets.
Traditional Herbal Registration Holder and Manufacturer:
Potters, Wigan WN5 0JZ
Traditional Herbal Registration number:
For further information, call 01202 449752
If you would like a version of this leaflet in an alternative format, please call 01942 219960
Product code: DIU60LEA
Leaflet last revised:
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.