POTTERS HEARTBURN RELIEF TABLETS
Active substance(s): CHARCOAL ACTIVATED / MEADOWSWEET HERB
Potter’s Herbals ( logo)
HEARTBURN RELIEF TABLETS
WITH MEADOWSWEET AND ACTIVATED CHARCOAL
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to take Potter’s
Heartburn Relief Tablets carefully to get the best results from them.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• You must contact a doctor or a pharmacist if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after
• If you experience any side effects, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
IN THIS LEAFLET:
1. What Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets are and what they are used for
2. Before you take Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets
3. How to take Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets
6. Further information
1. WHAT POTTER’S HEARTBURN RELIEF TABLETS ARE AND WHAT THEY
ARE USED FOR:
Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets are a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the
symptomatic relief of indigestion, heartburn and stomach ache, based on traditional use only.
Containing Meadowsweet and Activated Charcoal.
For full details, see Section 6.
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE POTTER’S HEARTBURN RELIEF TABLETS:
Do not take Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets:
• if you are allergic to any of the ingredients or salicylates
• if you are taking salicylates such as aspirin or other non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs
(NSAIDs) unless your doctor has said it is safe to do so
• if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
• if you are under 18 years of age.
Taking other medicines:
Please ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice if you are taking or have recently taken any
other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding:
You should not use Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
because there is no evidence that it is safe to do so.
3. HOW TO TAKE POTTER’S HEARTBURN RELIEF TABLETS:
It is important that you follow these instructions carefully.
For oral use: Adults and the elderly: Two tablets three times a day after meals.
The use in children and adolescents under 18 years is not recommended.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If your condition worsens or symptoms do not improve after one week, consult your doctor or
If you take too many Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets:
Stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to take Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets:
If you miss a dose, take your next dose at the usual time. Do not take two doses at the same
time to make up for a missed dose. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist if you need
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
There are no known side effects with this product.
Reporting of side effects:
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this
5. HOW TO STORE POTTER’S HEARTBURN RELIEF TABLETS:
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets after the expiry date. The expiry date is printed
on the label and base of the carton.
Do not store above 25˚C. Store in the original packaging.
Return any unused medicine to your pharmacist for safe disposal.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION:
Each film coated tablet contains:
160 mg Meadowsweet herb (Filipendula ulmaria ( L.) Maxim),
40 mg Activated Charcoal
This product also contains:
Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Colloidal Anyhdrous
Silica, Rhubarb Powder, Cinnamon Powder, Cardamom Powder, Aniseed Oil, Caraway Oil,
Magnesium Stearate, Clear film coating containing hypromellose, glycerol and hydroxypropyl
Potter’s Heartburn Relief Tablets are black biconvex film coated tablets and are available in
containers of 60 tablets.
Traditional Herbal Registration Holder and Manufacturer:
Potters, Wigan WN5 0JZ
Traditional Herbal Registration number:
For further information, call 01202 449752
If you would like a version of this leaflet in an alternative format, please call 01942 219960
Leaflet last revised: