Active substance(s): DEVILS CLAW
6 - FURTHER INFORMATION
What PHYTOFLEX contains
- Each hard capsule contains 435 mg Devil’s Claw Root (Harpagophytum
procumbens D.C. and/or H. zeyheri L. Decne).
- The other ingredients are magnesium stearate (vegetable origin), silica colloidal
hydrated and hypromellose (capsule shell).
Devil's Claw Root 435 mg
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine.
It contains important information for your treatment.
This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to use
PHYTOFLEX carefully to get the best results from it.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• You must contact a doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not
listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
What PHYTOFLEX looks like and contents of the pack
Each pack contains 45 or 150 hard capsules
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required.
These measures will help to protect the environment.
Traditional Herbal Registration Holder and Manufacturer
LID de Carros Le Broc – 1er avenue, 2709 m
06510 CARROS - France
Tel.: (+33) (0) 4 93 29 11 28 - Fax: (+33) (0) 4 93 29 11 62
IN THIS LEAFLET:
1. What PHYTOFLEX is and what it is used for
2. Before you take PHYTOFLEX
3. How to take PHYTOFLEX
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store PHYTOFLEX
6. Further information
Distributed in UK by
This leaflet was last approved in September 2011.
Traditional Herbal Registration Number
For a large print, call +44 (0)1782 564512 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 - WHAT PHYTOFLEX IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Unit 7 Decade Close
High Carr Business Park
Newcastle under Lyme
ST5 7UH - Tel: +44 (0) 1782 564512
PHYTOFLEX is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the relief of:
• Rheumatic or muscular pain
• General aches and pains in the muscles and joints
This is based on traditional use only.
10030927-N-PHYTOFLEX UK_10030927-N-PHYTOFLEX UK 16/09/11 15:19 Page2
2 - BEFORE YOU TAKE PHYTOFLEX
DO NOT TAKE PHYTOFLEX IF
- you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substance or to any of the other
ingredients of PHYTOFLEX (see Section 6 Further Information).
- you are under 18 years old.
TAKE SPECIAL CARE WITH PHYTOFLEX
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Tell your doctor or a healthcare practitioner :
• If your symptoms worsen or persist for more than 8 weeks;
• If you have heart problems and want to take Phytoflex;
• If side-effects not mentioned in this leaflet occur;
• If your joint pain is accompanied by swelling of the joint, redness or fever;
- If you have an ulcer (either a gastric and/or duodenal ulcer), you should
not use PHYTOFLEX.
TAKING OTHER MEDICINES
You can use PHYTOFLEX with other medicines.
PREGNANCY & BREAST FEEDING:
Do not use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
In rare cases some patients have experienced dizziness while taking Devil’s
claw. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machines.
3 - HOW TO TAKE PHYTOFLEX
Adults and the elderly:
Take 1 capsule morning, noon and evening during meals with a large glass
If your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 8 weeks, consult your
doctor or a qualified healthcare practitioner.
Not for use in children or those under 18 years. For oral use only.
Don’t take more than the recommended dose.
IF YOU TAKE MORE PHYTOFLEX THAN YOU SHOULD
If you take too much and feel ill, talk to your doctor.
Taking too much is unlikely to be harmful.
IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE PHYTOFLEX
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
IF YOU STOP TAKING PHYTOFLEX
You can stop taking Phytoflex at any time.
4 - POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Phytoflex can have side effects, although not everybody
MINOR SIDE EFFECTS
The following minor side effects can occur when using Phytoflex:
• Digestive symptoms: diarrhoea, feeling sick, vomiting,
• Central nervous system symptoms: headache, dizziness.
Discontinue use if you find these symptoms are troubling you.
Talk to a doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare practitioner
if you are concerned.
• Allergic skin reactions: rash, itching.
Stop taking Phytoflex if you experience any allergic skin reaction.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effect not listed
in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 - HOW TO STORE PHYTOFLEX
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use PHYTOFLEX after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle
after “Exp”. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Store in the original package. Store below 25°C.