MOVELAT RELIEF CREAM
Active substance(s): MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDE POLYSULPHATE / SALICYLIC ACID
MOVELAT RELIEF CREAM
mucopolysaccharide polysulfate (MPS) 0.2% w/w and salicylic acid 2.0% w/w
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start using this medicine because it
contains important information for you.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or
pharmacist has told you.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- If you get any side-effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible
side-effects not listed in this leaflet. See section 4.
- You must talk to a doctor if your signs of illness or injury do not improve.
What is in this leaflet
1. What Movelat Relief Cream is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you use Movelat Relief Cream
3. How to use Movelat Relief Cream
4. Possible side-effects
5. How to store Movelat Relief Cream
6. Contents of the pack and other information
1. WHAT MOVELAT RELIEF CREAM IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Movelat Relief Cream contains the active substances mucopolysaccharide polysulfate
(MPS) and salicylic acid.
Movelat Relief Cream is a mild to moderate anti-inflammatory and analgesic
(pain-relieving) preparation which, when applied to the skin, provides relief from muscular
pain and stiffness, sprains and strains, and pain due to rheumatic and non-serious arthritic
2. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU USE MOVELAT RELIEF CREAM
Do not use Movelat Relief Cream:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to mucopolysaccharide polysulfate, salicylic acid
(or any other aspirin-like medicine) or other related painkillers known as non-steroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). This is particularly important if you suffer from asthma
• if you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of Movelat Relief Cream (listed in section 6)
• if you have broken skin, infected skin or eczema
• on large areas of skin
• on or near sensitive areas such as the mouth, eyes or ano-genital regions.
Movelat Relief Cream should NOT be used on children under the age of 12 years old.
Warnings and precautions
- Movelat Relief Cream is for external use only. Do NOT swallow.
- Do not exceed the dose stated in section 3.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Movelat Relief Cream:
º if your signs of injury or illness do not improve or get worse.
º if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
º if you suffer from asthma.
º if you have pre-existing renal/kidney damage.
º if you are using any prescribed medicines.
- You may experience discomfort if you have sensitive skin, use the cream in hot weather
or after a bath.
- Wash your hands immediately after use.
- Stop using this cream if you experience irritation or other unwanted effects.
See section 4 for information about possible side-effects.
Other medicines and Movelat Relief Cream
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using coumarin anti-coagulants (medicines for
thinning the blood, such as Warfarin), as Movelat Relief Cream may affect the way that
such anti-coagulants work.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a
baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine. Movelat Relief
Cream should not be used during the first three or last three months of pregnancy or on
the breast area during breast-feeding/lactation.
Movelat Relief Cream contains cetostearyl alcohol
This may cause local skin reactions (for example contact dermatitis).
3. HOW TO USE MOVELAT RELIEF CREAM
External use only. Do not swallow.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist
has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Before use, pierce the tube seal with the spiked top of the cap.
• Push and turn the spiked end of the cap firmly into the nozzle until you hear a click.
• The amount of cream you use will depend on the size of the area being treated.
• Between 2 and 6 inches (5-15 cm) of cream should be gently massaged into the affected
area at any one time.
• You can apply Movelat Relief Cream up to four times a day.
• Do not exceed this dose.
• Some people experience discomfort, particularly those with sensitive skin or if used in
hot weather or after a bath.
• Remember to wash your hands after applying Movelat Relief Cream, unless this is the
area being treated.
• If you accidentally swallow some of this cream you should contact your doctor or a
hospital casualty department. You may experience rapid breathing, a ringing sound in
the ears, deafness, light-headedness or sweating.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Movelat Relief Cream can cause side-effects, although not everybody
Rarely, Movelat Relief Cream can cause the following in sensitive individuals:
• burning sensation
• a rash.
If any of these occur, STOP using the cream and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any
possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly
(see details below). By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on
the safety of this medicine.
Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
Please read the back of this leaflet.
9254745 1602 GB/MT
5. HOW TO STORE MOVELAT RELIEF CREAM
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use Movelat Relief Cream after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and
carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 25°C.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your
pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help
protect the environment.
6. CONTENTS OF THE PACK AND OTHER INFORMATION
What Movelat Relief Cream contains
The active substances are:
- mucopolysaccharide polysulfate 0.2% w/w
- salicylic acid 2.0% w/w.
The other ingredients are:
- glycerol 85%
- stearic acid
- anhydrous eucerine
- myristyl alcohol
- emulsifying cetostearyl alcohol
- isopropyl alcohol
- purified water.
What Movelat Relief Cream looks like and the contents of the pack
Movelat Relief Cream is a white cream available in aluminium lacquered tubes of 14, 40,
50, 80, 100 and 125 grams.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
PL 06831/0176 Movelat Relief Cream
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Linthwaite, Huddersfield, HD7 5QH, UK.
Mobilat Produktions GmbH
Luitpoldstrasse 1, 85276 Pfaffenhofen, Germany.
STADA Arzneimittel AG
Stadastrasse 2-18, 61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany.
This leaflet was last revised in February 2016.
Source: Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.