Active substance(s): MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDE POLYSULPHATE / SALICYLIC ACID
MOVELAT RELIEF GEL
mucopolysaccharide polysulfate (MPS) 0.2% w/w and salicylic acid 2.0% w/w
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start using this medicine because it
contains important information for you.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or
pharmacist has told you.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- If any you get any side-effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any
possible side-effects not listed in this leaflet. See section 4.
- You must talk to a doctor if your signs of illness or injury do not improve.
What is in this leaflet
1. What Movelat Relief Gel is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you use Movelat Relief Gel
3. How to use Movelat Relief Gel
4. Possible side-effects
5. How to store Movelat Relief Gel
6. Contents of the pack and other information
1. WHAT MOVELAT RELIEF GEL IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Movelat Relief Gel contains the active substances mucopolysaccharide polysulfate (MPS)
and salicylic acid.
Movelat Relief Gel is a mild to moderate anti-inflammatory and analgesic (pain-relieving)
preparation which, when applied to the skin, provides relief from muscular pain and
stiffness, sprains and strains, and pain due to rheumatic and non-serious arthritic
2. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU USE MOVELAT RELIEF GEL
Do not use Movelat Relief Gel:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to mucopolysaccharide polysulfate, salicylic acid
(or any other aspirin-like medicine) or other related painkillers known as non-steroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). This is particularly important if you suffer from asthma
• if you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of Movelat Relief Gel (listed in section 6)
• if you have broken skin, infected skin or eczema
• on large areas of skin
• on or near sensitive areas such as the mouth, eyes or ano-genital regions.
Movelat Relief Gel should NOT be used on children under the age of 12 years old.
Warnings and precautions
- Movelat Relief Gel is for external use only. Do NOT swallow.
- Do not exceed the dose stated in section 3.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Movelat Relief Gel:
º if your signs of injury or illness do not improve or get worse.
º if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
º if you suffer from asthma.
º if you have pre-existing renal/kidney damage.
º if you are using any prescribed medicines.
- You may experience discomfort if you have sensitive skin, use the cream in hot weather
or after a bath.
- Wash your hands immediately after use.
- Stop using this gel if you experience irritation or other unwanted effects.
See section 4 for information about possible side-effects.
Other medicines and Movelat Relief Gel
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using coumarin anti-coagulants (medicines for
thinning the blood, such as Warfarin), as Movelat Relief Gel may affect the way that such
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a
baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine. Movelat Relief
Gel should not be used during the first three or last three months of pregnancy or on the
breast area during breast-feeding/lactation.
3. HOW TO USE MOVELAT RELIEF GEL
External use only. Do not swallow.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist
has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Before use, pierce the tube seal with the spiked top of the cap.
• Push and turn the spiked end of the cap firmly into the nozzle until you hear a click.
• The amount of gel you use will depend on the size of the area being treated.
• Between 2 and 6 inches (5-15 cm) of gel should be gently massaged into the affected
area at any one time.
• You can apply Movelat Relief Gel up to four times a day.
• Do not exceed this dose.
• Some people experience discomfort, particularly those with sensitive skin or if used in
hot weather or after a bath.
• Remember to wash your hands after applying Movelat Relief Gel, unless this is the area
• If you accidentally swallow some of this gel you should contact your doctor or a hospital
casualty department. You may experience rapid breathing, a ringing sound in the ears,
deafness, light-headedness or sweating.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Movelat Relief Gel can cause side-effects, although not everybody gets
them. Rarely, Movelat Relief Gel can cause the following in sensitive individuals:
• burning sensation
• a rash.
If any of these occur, STOP using the gel and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any
possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly
(see details below). By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on
the safety of this medicine.
Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
Please read the back of this leaflet.
9254746 1602 GB/MT
5. HOW TO STORE MOVELAT RELIEF GEL
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use Movelat Relief Gel after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton
The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 25°C.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your
pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help
protect the environment.
6. CONTENTS OF THE PACK AND OTHER INFORMATION
What Movelat Relief Gel contains
The active substances are:
- mucopolysaccharide polysulfate 0.2% w/w
- salicylic acid 2.0% w/w.
The other ingredients are:
- isopropyl alcohol
- disodium edetate
- polyethylene glyceryl-oleate
- rosemary oil
- purified water.
What Movelat Relief Gel looks like and the contents of the pack
Movelat Relief Gel is a colourless gel available in aluminium lacquered tubes of 14, 40, 50,
80, and 125 grams.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
PL 06831/0177 Movelat Relief Gel
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Linthwaite, Huddersfield, HD7 5QH, UK
Mobilat Produktions GmbH
Luitpoldstrasse 1, 85276 Pfaffenhofen, Germany.
STADA Arzneimittel AG
Stadastrasse 2-18, 61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany.
This leaflet was last revised in February 2016.