JUNIOR KAO-C DIARRHOEA SUSPENSION
Active substance(s): CALCIUM CARBONATE / LIGHT KAOLIN
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension
Light Kaolin 500mg and Calcium carbonate 250mg
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
- This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to take
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension carefully to get the best results from it.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- You must contact a doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after three days.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in
this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
What Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is and what it is used for.
Before you take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension.
How to take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension.
Possible side effects.
How to store Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension.
1. WHAT JUNIOR KAO-C DIARRHOEA SUSPENSION IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is a milky-coloured, thick liquid used for the short-term treatment of mild
diarrhoea. Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is flavoured with carminative oils that relieve flatulance and
contains antacid to calm the stomach.
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE JUNIOR KAO-C DIARRHOEA SUSPENSION
Do not take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to kaolin or calcium carbonate or any of the other ingredients of Junior
KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension (see section 6).
Take special care with Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension:
• If the diarrhoea has not cleared up after three days, see your doctor.
Taking other medicines
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension may affect the way in which other medicines act in your body. These
• Digoxin or Digitoxin
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including
medicines obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension may be used in both pregnancy and breast-feeding. Ask your doctor or
pharmacist for advice before taking any other medicine.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension.
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension contains the ingredients propylhydroxybenzoate and methylhydroxybenzoate which may cause allergic reactions, possibly delayed.
3. HOW TO TAKE JUNIOR KAO-C DIARRHOEA SUSPENSION
Always take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. You should
check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is taken by mouth, 3 times daily.
Children: 1-5 years:
One 5ml spoonful
Two 5ml spoonfuls
Over 14 years:
Four 5ml spoonfuls
If you take more Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension than you should.
Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
If you forget to take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension
Take the dose when you remember and carry on with the normal course of treatment. Do not take a double dose
to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension can cause side effects, although not everybody gets
them. These could include:
• Flatulance and belching
With large doses:
• Abdominal pain
• Nausea and vomiting
• Numbness or tingling in the face or extremities
• Tremors or muscle spasms
• Confusion and weakness
• Loss of apertite
• Excessive thirst and passing of urine
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your
doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE JUNIOR KAO-C DIARRHOEA SUSPENSION
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle label and on
the carton after Exp. Date. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Return any unused medicine to your
pharmacist for safe disposal. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
What Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension contains:
- The active substances are light kaolin (500mg) and calcium carbonate (250mg) per 5ml spoonful.
- The other ingredients are cinnamon oil, nutmeg oil, clove oil, Avicel RC-501 (Microcrystalline cellulose and
carboxymethyl cellulose), carmellose sodium, sodium cyclamate 1968, sodium saccharin, vanillin, methylhydroxybenzoate, propylhydroxybenzoate, chloroform and water.
What Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension looks like and contents of the pack
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is a milky-coloured liquid and is available in amber glass bottles containing
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Torbet Laboratories Ltd, 14D Wendover Road, Rackheath Industrial Estate, Norwich, NR13 6LH.
Dr Reddy’s Laboratories (EU) Ltd, 6 Riverview Road, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 0LD.
Date of Leaflet Preparation: June 2008.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.