INOSITOL NICOTINATE 750MG TABLETS BP
Active substance(s): INOSITOL NICOTINATE
HEXOPAL FORTE 750MG TABLETS
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• If you have any further questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• This medicine has been prescribed for you. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if
their symptoms are the same as yours.
• If any of the side-effects get serious, or if you notice any side-effects not listed in this leaflet, please
tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets are and what they are used for
2. Before you use Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets
3. How to use Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets
4. Possible side-effects
5. How to store Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets
6. Further information
1. WHAT HEXOPAL FORTE 750MG TABLETS ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE USED FOR
Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets contain inositol nicotinate, which works by relaxing the blood vessels.
Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets are used to treat intermittent claudication (pain in the legs whilst
walking) and Raynaud’s phenomemon (fingers and toes which go white and bloodless in the cold).
2. BEFORE YOU USE HEXOPAL FORTE 750MG TABLETS
Do not use Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets if you:
• are allergic (hypersensitive) to inositol nicotinate or any of the other ingredients of Hexopal Forte
750mg Tablets (see section 6 – Further information for details)
• have recently had a heart attack or stroke
Take special care with Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets if you have:
• poor circulation to the brain (cardiovascular insufficiency)
• chest pains (unstable angina).
Using other medicines
The risk of bleeding can be increased when taken with warfarin.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines,
including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Hexopal should not usually be used during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or planning to become
pregnant you should discuss your treatment with your doctor.
3. HOW TO USE HEXOPAL FORTE 750MG TABLETS
Always take Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets exactly as your doctor has told you to. You should check
with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults and the elderly
The usual dose is two tablets twice daily (3g inositol nicotinate daily). The maximum dose is 4g of
inositol nicotinate daily. Swallow the tablets with a drink of water.
Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets should not be used in children.
Please read the back of this leaflet.
If you take more Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets than you should
An overdose of this medicine may be dangerous. If you have taken an overdose, tell your doctor or
go to the nearest hospital casualty department immediately.
If you forget to take Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets
If you forget to take a dose at the right time, take it as soon as you remember then go on as before.
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets can cause side-effects, although not everybody
• Hexopal Tablets may cause muscle pain. The risk of muscle pain can be increased when also
Other uncommon side effects are:
• redness of the face
• feeling sick (nausea)
• swelling (oedema)
• dizziness and fainting caused by low blood pressure
• pins and needles
If any of the side-effects get serious or if you notice any side-effects not listed in this leaflet, please
tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side
effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
5. HOW TO STORE HEXOPAL FORTE 750MG TABLETS
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets after the expiry date which is stated on the blister and carton
after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 25°C.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how
to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
The active substance in Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets is inositol nicotinate.
The other ingredients are pregelatinised starch, talc, magnesium stearate, maize starch, stearic acid
and sodium lauryl sulphate.
What Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets look like and the contents of the pack
Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets are white or almost white oval tablets with a breakline on one side and
HEX750 on the other. They are supplied in cartons of 112 tablets.
Hexopal Forte 750mg Tablets
Marketing Authorisation Holder and Manufacturer:
Genus Pharmaceuticals, Linthwaite, Huddersfield, HD7 5QH, UK.
Clonmel Healthcare Ltd, Waterford Road, Clonmel, Tipperary, Ireland.
This leaflet was last revised in March 2015.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.