Active substance(s): PARACETAMOL / PHOLCODINE / PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE
pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, paracetamol
Please read right through this leaflet before you start using this medicine. This
medicine is available without prescription, but you still need to use
Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief 500 mg/30 mg, Film-Coated Tablet carefully to get
the best results from it.
• Keep this leaflet you may need to read it again.
• If you have any questions, or if there is anything you do not understand, ask your
In this leaflet:
1. What Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated Tablet does.
2. Check before you take Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg FilmCoated Tablet
3. How to take Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated Tablet
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated Tablet
6. Further information
What Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated Tablets
Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated Tablets provide relief
from the symptoms of colds and flu including nasal congestion, sinus pain, pressure
and congestion, headaches, fever, sore throat, aches and pains.
The tablets contain paracetamol which is a pain killer and pseudoephedrine which is
Check before you take Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg
Do not take Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to pseudoephedrine hydrochloride,
paracetamol or to any of the other ingerdients (listed in Section 6).
• if you have high blood pressure or heart disease.
• if you have kidney problems.
if you have an overactive thyroid gland, enlarged prostate, diabetes, glaucoma
or phaeochromocytoma (tumour of the adrenal gland).
if you are taking appetite supressants or stimulant drugs called amphetamines
(sometimes used to treat ADHD).
if you have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) e.g. moclobemide,
prescribed for depression in the last two weeks.
if you are taking medicines to control your blood pressure (e.g. beta blockers like
Do not take with any other paracetamol-containing products.
Do not take with any other flu, cold or decongestant product.
[!] Take special care with Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg FilmCoated Tablets
• Do not drive if the medicine makes you feel dizzy.
[!] Ask your doctor before you take this medicine:
• If you have liver problems or an irregular heartbeat.
[!]If you are taking other medicines:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking these tablets if you are taking any
prescribed medicines; particularly metoclopramide or domperidone (for nausea
[feeling sick] or vomiting [being sick]) or colestyramine (to lower blood
cholesterol), or if you take blood thinning drugs (anti-coagulants e.g. warfarin),
or medicines to control your blood pressure (e.g. alpha or beta blockers, or
methyldopa) or medicines for depression e.g. tricyclic antidepressants).
[!]Pregnancy and breast feeding
Do not take Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated Tablets if
you are pregnant or breast feeding unless your doctor tells you to.
How to take Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated
For oral use.
Adults (including the elderly) and children aged 16 years and over:
2 tablets to be taken every four to six hours as required for symptom relief.
• Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
• Do not take more frequently than every 4 hours.
• Do not take for more than 7 days.
Do not give to children under 16 years or age.
Do not take more than the stated dose.
If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
If you take too many tablets
Immediate medical advice should be sought in the event of overdose, even if you
feel well, because of the risk of delayed, serious liver damage.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated
Tablets can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
The following side effects may occur:
• Nervousness, difficulty sleeping
• Nausea and vomiting
• Dry mouth
• Agitation, restlessness
• Tachycardia, palpitations
• Hallucinations have been reported rarely.
Stop using this product and consult your doctor immediately if you experience:
• Sudden severe headache
• Difficulty passing urine. This is more likely to occur if you have an
enlarged prostate gland
• Allergic reactions such as skin rash, itching sometimes with breathing
problems or swelling of the lips, tongue, throat or face
• Skin rash or peeling or mouth ulcers
• Breathing problems. These are more likely if you have experienced them
before when taking other painkillers (such as ibuprofen and aspirin)
• Unexplained bruising and bleeding
• Nausea, sudden weight loss, loss of appetite and yellowing of the eyes and
How to store Day Nurse Sinus and Pain Relief, 500 mg/30 mg Film-Coated
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use this medicine after the ‘EXP’ date shown on the pack. Do not store above
Active ingredient Each tablet contains Paracetamol 500 mg and Pseudoephedrine
Hydrochloride 30 mg.
Other ingreidents Cellulose microcrystalline (E 460), colloidal anhydrous silica (E
551), stearic acid (E 570), magnesium stearate (E 572), starch pregelatinised,
povidone, crospovidone, croscarmellose sodium (E 468), hypromellose (E 464),
macrogol, carnauba wax (E 903), indigo carmine (E 132).
Packs of Day Nurse Sinus and Pain contain 18 tablets. The tablets are blue and white
and marked with .
The marketing authorisation holder is GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
(UK) Trading Limited, Brentford, TW8 9GS, U.K. and all enquiries should be sent to this address.
The manufacturer is Famar SA, 153-44 Anthoussa, Athens, Greece.
This leaflet was was last revised in March 2017.
DAY NURSE is a registered trade mark owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies.
Source: Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.