BOOTS ACNE RELIEF TABLETS
Active substance(s): BLUE FLAG DRY EXTRACT / BURDOCK ROOT DRY EXTRACT / BLUE FLAG DRY EXTRACT / BURDOCK ROOT DRY EXTRACT / BLUE FLAG DRY EXTRACT / BURDOCK ROOT DRY EXTRACT
HRI CLEAR COMPLEXION TABLETS
Burdock root extract and Blue Flag rhizome extract
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine because it contains
important information for you.
• Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet, or as your doctor, or pharmacist
or qualified healthcare practitioner has told you.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• You must contact a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner if your symptoms worsen or do
not improve after two weeks.
• If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or qualified healthcare practitioner.
This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
What is in this leaflet?
1. What HRI Clear Complexion is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you take HRI Clear Complexion
3. How to take HRI Clear Complexion
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store HRI Clear Complexion
6. Contents of the pack and other information
1. WHAT HRI CLEAR COMPLEXION IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
This medicine contains extracts of Burdock root and Blue Flag rhizome which are active ingredients.
HRI Clear Complexion is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the symptomatic relief of minor
skin conditions such as spots, pimples, blemishes, mild acne, and mild eczema, based on traditional use only.
2. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU TAKE HRI CLEAR COMPLEXION
Do not take HRI Clear Complexion:
• If you are allergic to Burdock, Blue Flag, plants of the Asteraceae (Compositae) family such as daisies,
marigolds or artichokes, or any of the other ingredients (see section 6)
• If you have infected spots or inflamed spots which are infected
• If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
• If you are under 12 years old.
While taking HRI Clear Complexion:
• If not treated adequately, acne may cause scarring. Do not use this product and consult your doctor or
qualified healthcare practitioner if you have widespread redness, oozing or infected skin sores, infected
or inflamed spots, if your skin is broken, or if the affected area has suddenly become inflamed.
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other medicines, including those obtained
without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
There are no known effects on driving or using machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients
If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, please contact your
doctor before taking this medicine.
3. HOW TO TAKE HRI CLEAR COMPLEXION
Do not take more tablets than the label/leaflet tells you to.
For oral use only.
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years old:
Take 1 tablet two or three times a day.
If symptoms worsen or persist after two weeks, a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner should be
If you take more HRI Clear Complexion than you should
If you take more than the recommended dose, speak to a doctor, pharmacist or qualified healthcare
practitioner and take this leaflet with you.
If you forget to take HRI Clear Complexion
Continue to take your usual dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed
dose. It does not matter if you have missed a dose, just take the next dose at the right time.
If you have any further questions on taking this medicine, ask your doctor, pharmacist or qualified
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Although not reported with this medicine, anaphylactic shock (serious allergic reaction which causes
difficulty in breathing or dizziness) has been reported with Burdock root. The frequency of this effect
occurring is not known.
Blue flag root may cause nausea, vomiting and irritation of mucous membranes. The frequency is
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
5. HOW TO STORE HRI CLEAR COMPLEXION
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and labels. The expiry date refers to the last
day of that month.
Glass bottles: Do not store above 25° C.
Store in the original packaging.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to
dispose of medicines no longer required. This will help to protect the environment.
6. CONTENTS OF THE PACK AND OTHER INFORMATION
What HRI Clear Complexion contains
Each coated tablet contains 34 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Burdock root (Arctium lappa L.)
(equivalent to 90-180 mg of Burdock root) Extraction solvent: water and 30 mg of extract (as dry extract)
from Blue Flag Iris rhizome (Iris versicolor L.) (equivalent to 60-105 mg of Blue Flag Iris rhizome)
Extraction solvent: water.
Each tablet also contains 191 mg of sucrose.
The other ingredients are:
• Tablet core: Sucrose, Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate,
• Purified Talc, Colloidal Hydrated Silica
• Tablet coating: Sucrose, Calcium carbonate, Purified Talc, Mastercote cream FP9002 (containing beeswax,
• shellac, carnauba wax), Acacia, Titanium dioxide (E171), Shellac
What HRI Clear Complexion looks like and contents of the pack
HRI Clear Complexion are deep convex white tablets. The tablets are available in glass bottles with a
polypropylene screw cap and blister strips.
This product is available in glass bottles: 30, 40, 45, 50, 60, 80 and 100 pack sizes.
This product is available in blister strips: 30, 40, 45, 50, 60, 80 and 100 pack sizes.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Traditional Herbal Registration Holder:
The Herbal Research Company Ltd, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3XX, UK.
Surepharm Services Ltd, Burton on Trent, DE15 0YZ, UK.
Honeywood Ltd, Wellingborough, NN8 2QY, UK.
If you would like further information about this product please contact The Herbal Research Company Ltd.
For a large print, Braille or audio version of this leaflet call 01932 854825.
This leaflet was last revised in October 2016.
Source: Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.