UK Edition. Click here for US version.
ASCORBIC TABLETS BP 200MG
Active substance(s): ASCORBIC ACID
Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
This medicine is available without prescription. Nevertheless, you still need to use
Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg carefully to get the best results from it.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in
this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200mg are and what they are used for.
2. Before you take Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200mg.
3. How to take Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200mg.
4. Possible side effects
5. How to Store Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200mg
6. Further information
1. What Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg are and what they are used for:
• Each tablet contains 200 mg of the active ingredient, ascorbic acid.
• Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) is a nutritional supplement. Ascorbic Acid tablets are for
oral administration and are intended for the prevention of scurvy or for use where
vitamin C deficiency might be expected.
2. Before you take Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg:
Do not take Ascorbic Acid:
• If you are allergic to any of the ingredients contained in the tablets.
• If you suffer from hyperoxaluria (a condition where too much oxalate is present in
Take special care with Ascorbic acid:
• This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an
intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
Taking other medicines:
Please inform your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications:
Drugs that thin the blood (anti-coagulants), amphetamine, iron tablets or oral
contraceptives, or if you smoke.
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, or have recently taken, any
other medicine- even those not prescribed.
• Do not take more than the recommended dose of these tablets if you are pregnant or
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
3. How to take Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg:
The tablets are to be chewed before swallowing
For adults, the elderly and children over 12 years old:
Take one to two tablets daily, in divided doses, preferably with food.
For children aged 4-12 years:
Take half to one tablet daily, preferably with food.
Consult your doctor immediately if you have taken too many tablets.
If you have missed a dose, do not double-up on a dose to make up for the one you
4.Possible side effects:
In most cases, taking Ascorbic Acid Tablets as recommended does not cause any
problems. However, like all medicines, Ascorbic Acid can have side effects.
Too many tablets may cause diarrhoea or they may have a diuretic effect (passing water
frequently). If you experience these or any other unusual effect, stop taking the tablets
and tell your doctor or pharmacist at once.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this
leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5.How to store Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg:
• Store in a dry place below 20°C.
• Do not use after the expiry date shown on the package.
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children
What Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg contain
The active substance is Ascorbic Acid. The other ingredients are lactose, potato starch,
syrup, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, talc and silicon dioxide.
What Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg look like and contents of the pack
Ascorbic Acid Tablets are plain white bi-convex tablets with a breakline on one face.
Ascorbic Acid Tablets are available in tubs of 100 or 500 and blister packs of 28.
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Strides Pharma Limited, Themistokli Dervi , Julia House, CY-1066 Nicosia
Norbrook Laboratories Umited,Newry,Co.Down, Northern Ireland.
Legal Category: GSL
Leaflet revised: October 2012