Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
When Menstrual Periods Stop
Stress may be contributing to your irregular periods that have now stopped?
Although stress may be a factor, we should explore other possibilities, such as weight loss and conditions related to hormonal abnormalities.
Before your periods stopped completely, had you had new or additional weight loss?
Weight loss can cause menstrual periods to stop. This commonly occurs in competitive athletes, patients with eating disorders, and those on strict diets. Weight loss alone could account for your lack of periods now and low body weight may have contributed to your prior irregular periods.
- Abdomen and Pelvis
- Acid Reflux Treatment
- Bleeding After Menopause
- Bleeding Between Menstrual Periods
- Blood in the Urine in Women
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Constipation in Adults
- Difficulty Passing Urine
- Frequent Urination in Women
- Heavy Menstrual Periods
- Intestinal Gas Guide
- Loss of Control of Urine in Women
- Lumps or Pain Within the Scrotum
- Missed or Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Never Started Menstrual Periods
- Painful Menstrual Cramps
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain or Itching
- Recurring Abdominal Pain
- Understanding New and Severe Abdominal Pain
- Vaginal Discharge, Itching or Irritation
- Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Pain or Discomfort
- Vaginal Sores and Lumps
- When Menstrual Periods Stop
- Start over