Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Vaginal Pain or Discomfort
Some women have pain with intercourse due to vaginal dryness. Vaginal lubrication occurs in response to sexual arousal. If you are not sufficiently aroused before penetration, intercourse may be painful.
Even with sufficient arousal, some women still do not produce enough lubrication.
You can try an over-the-counter lubricant such as Astroglide or K-Y Lubricant to help with these symptoms.
This dryness is often especially bothersome for women after menopause.
Are you in or beyond menopause (have not had your period for over a year)?
- Abdomen and Pelvis
- See also:
- Acid Reflux Treatment
- Bleeding After Menopause
- Bleeding Between Menstrual Periods
- Blood in the Urine in Women
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Constipation in Adults
- Difficulty Passing Urine
- Frequent Urination in Women
- Heavy Menstrual Periods
- Intestinal Gas Guide
- Loss of Control of Urine in Women
- Lumps or Pain Within the Scrotum
- Missed or Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Never Started Menstrual Periods
- Painful Menstrual Cramps
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain or Itching
- Recurring Abdominal Pain
- Understanding New and Severe Abdominal Pain
- Vaginal Discharge, Itching or Irritation
- Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Pain or Discomfort
- Vaginal Sores and Lumps
- When Menstrual Periods Stop
- Start over