Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy
What you are experiencing is most likely related to your pregnancy. However, if your vomiting is persistent and severe, you may have a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum.
There is no strict definition that separates severe "morning sickness" from hyperemesis. If you have lost 5 percent of your body weight due to nausea and vomiting, then you have hyperemesis.
Do you have severe and persistent nausea and vomiting and/or have you lost 5 percent or more of your body weight?
- General Health
- Birth Control (Contraception) for Women
- Blacking Out, Fainting, or Loss of Consciousness
- Blood Magnesium Test
- Daytime Drowsiness
- Diffuse Muscle Weakness
- Diffuse Pain
- Excessive Body and Facial Hair in Women
- Fever in Adults
- Forgetfulness Memory Loss
- Helping Dry Skin
- Hot Flashes
- Insomnia During Pregnancy
- Itching Without Rash
- Jaundice in Adults
- Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy
- Numbness or Tingling
- Positive ANA
- Positive Rheumatoid Factor
- Unexplained Weight Gain
- Unintentional Weight Loss
- Start over