Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Insomnia During Pregnancy
There are a few things that you can do to treat leg cramps or prevent them from occurring:
- Exercise daily, and stretch afterwards; include stretches that target your calves
- Gently stretch each calf before you get into bed
- Elevate your legs and wiggle your toes when you are sitting during the day
- Wear supportive stockings
- Make sure you drink enough fluid every day
Contact your doctor, nurse or midwife if your leg cramps persist.