Septisol Foam Side Effects
Generic Name: hexachlorophene topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about hexachlorophene topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Septisol Foam.
Applies to hexachlorophene topical: topical application foam, topical application liquid, topical application powder for suspension
Along with its needed effects, hexachlorophene topical (the active ingredient contained in Septisol Foam) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking hexachlorophene topical:Incidence not known
- Blistering, crusting, irritation, itching, or reddening of the skin
- cracked, dry, or scaly skin
- increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- redness or other discoloration of the skin
- severe sunburn
- skin rash
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking hexachlorophene topical:Symptoms of overdose
- Abdominal or stomach cramps
- blurred vision
- cold, clammy skin
- decreased urination
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
- dry mouth
- fast, weak pulse
- increase in heart rate
- loss of appetite
- rapid breathing
- sunken eyes
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- weight loss
- wrinkled skin
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.