Diphtheria antitoxin Side Effects
Applies to diphtheria antitoxin: injection injectable, injection solution
Along with its needed effects, diphtheria antitoxin may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking diphtheria antitoxin:
- Chilly sensation
- difficulty in breathing and swallowing
- feeling of discomfort
- inflammation of joints
- itching, especially of hands or feet
- muscle aches
- rapid rise in body temperature
- reddening of skin, especially around ears
- swelling of eyes, face, or inside of nose
- swollen lymph glands
- unusual tiredness or weakness, sudden and severe
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.