Chloramphenicol otic Side Effects
Applies to chloramphenicol otic: otic solution
Along with its needed effects, chloramphenicol otic may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking chloramphenicol otic:Rare - may also occur weeks or months after you stop using this medicine
- Bluish tone to the skin
- changes in blood pressure or heart rate
- eating problems
- irregular breathing
- pale skin
- passage of loose green stools
- sore throat and fever
- stomach bloating with or without vomiting
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking chloramphenicol otic:Less common
- Blindness or changes in vision
- burning, itching, redness, skin rash, swelling, or other sign of irritation not present before use of this medicine
- mental confusion
- mild depression
- stomach pain
- swollen mouth and tongue
- unpleasant taste
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.