The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Bexxar Side Effects
Generic Name: iodine i 131 tositumomab
Note: This document contains side effect information about iodine i 131 tositumomab. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Bexxar.
Applies to iodine i 131 tositumomab: intravenous concentrate, intravenous injectable
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of infection like fever, chills, very bad sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, more sputum or change in color of sputum, pain with passing urine, mouth sores, or wound that will not heal.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Any unexplained bruising or bleeding.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Chest pain or pressure.
- Pale skin.
- Irritation where the shot is given.
- Shortness of breath.
- Swelling in the arms or legs.
- A big weight loss.
- A skin lump or growth.
- Sweating a lot.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- A wound that does not heal.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Flu-like signs. These include headache, weakness, fever, shakes, aches, pains, and sweating. Mild pain drugs may help.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Muscle or joint pain.
- Back pain.
- Hard stools (constipation).
- Belly pain.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Not hungry.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Neck pain.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Some side effects of Bexxar may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.