Water PIK Fluoride
Generic name: sodium fluoride
Dosage form: aerosol, foam
Drug class: Mouth and throat products
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 22, 2021.
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
On This Page
Indications: For the topical application of fluoride to aid in the protection against dental caries.
Contraindications: This product should not be used with
individuals with known sensitivities to fluoride.
Directions for Use:
1. Remove cap from can.
2. The first time you dispense from a new can, gently lift upward on the nozzle to break the protective shipping tab (Fig. 1).
3. Shake can vigorously for at least 10 seconds before each use.
4. Hold can completely upside down to dispense (Fig. 2).
5. Point can towards applicator tray and slowly press the nozzle to fill tray. Use one press per arch, as foam will expand slightly to fill the tray.
6. For best results, dry teeth prior to application.
7. Insert the filled tray and have the patient bite down lightly, with a chewing motion to ensure interproximal coverage.
8. Leave tray(s) in contact with teeth for 1 to 4 minutes.
9. Use a saliva ejector during treatment to minimize ingestion of product.
10. Remove tray(s) and have patient expectorate.
11. Instruct patient not to eat, drink, or rinse for at least 30 minutes after application.
1.23% Fluoride ion from sodium fluoride in a proprietary acidulated phosphate flavored foam base. Does not contain chlorofluorocarbon propellant.
Sweetened with Xylitol (sucralose). Does not contain Aspartame or Saccharin. Gluten free.
- Use only as directed.
- For dental use only.
- U.S. Federal Law prohibits dispensing without prescription.
- Not for unsupervised home use.
- Safety and efficacy in patients under the age of 3 has not been established.
- Repeated use of APF formulations in patients with porcelain or composite restorations should be avoided due to the possibility of etching the restoration surface.
- Do not swallow.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid spraying toward open flame.
- Contents under pressure.
- Do not puncture or incinerate.
|Water PIK Fluoride BUBBLEGUM
sodium fluoride aerosol, foam
|Labeler - WATER PIK, INC. (001804074)|
|Registrant - WATER PIK, INC. (001804074)|
|Medical Products Laboratories, Inc.||002290302||manufacture(75905-001), analysis(75905-001)|
More about fluoride topical
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (26)
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: mouth and throat products
- Prescribing Information
- Denti-Care Denti-Foam Topical Sodium Fluoride Foam (FDA)
- Fluoride Foam (FDA)
- Sodium Fluoride Dental Cream (FDA)
- Sodium Fluoride Dental Gel (FDA)