Topcare Cough and Sore Throat
Generic Name: acetaminophen and dextromethorphan hydrobromide
Dosage Form: oral liquid
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Topco Cough & Sore Throat Drug Facts
Active ingredient (in each 15 mL = 1 tablespoon)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
- temporarily relieves:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- cough due to a cold
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Liver warning)
children 12 years
- take 2 tablespoons (TBSP) in dose cup provided every 6 hours as needed
- do not take more than 8 tablespoons in 24 hours
children under 12 years
- do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age
- each tablespoon contains: potassium 20 mg and sodium 8 mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
children 12 yearsand over
|children under 12 years||
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, FD&C blue no. 1, flavor, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Cough & Sore Throat
See New Warnings Information
Pain Reliever – Cough Suppressant
Sore Throat, Body Aches/Headache – Acetaminophen
Coughing – Dextromethorphan HBr
Instant Cooling Sensation
Compare to Tylenol® Cough & Sore Throat active ingredients
Cough & Sore Throat Front Label
Cough & Sore Throat Back Label
|Topcare Cough and Sore Throat
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr liquid
|Labeler - Topco Associates LLC (006935977)|