Dosage Form: ointment
Medically reviewed on August 1, 2018Active ingredient
(in each applicator)
Tioconazole 300 mg (6.5%)
- treats vaginal yeast infections
WarningsFor vaginal use only
Do not use if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
When using this product
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted disease (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not get better after 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
- before using this product read the enclosed brochure and instructions on foil packet for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1.Open the foil packet just before use and remove purple cap. 2.Insert entire contents of applicator into the vagina at bedtime. Throw applicator away after use.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- this product is a 1-dose treatment, most women do not experience complete relief of their symptoms in just one day. Most women experience some relief within one day and complete relief of symptoms within 7 days.
- if you have questions about vaginal yeast infections, consult your doctor
- store at 20 - 25°C (68 - 77°F)
- see end flap of carton for lot number and expiration date
Inactive ingredientsbutylated hydroxyanisole, magnesium aluminum silicate, white petrolatum Do not use if sealed foil packet torn, open, or incompletely sealed.
Tioconazole OINTMENT 6.5%
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Tear open foil packet just before using. It is best to use at bedtime.
- Remove applicator and plunger from packet. Applicator is prefilled with vaginal ointment.
- While firmly holding the purple-capped end of the applicator, push the tip of the plunger into the base of applicator.
REMOVE PURPLE CAP from top of applicator with a pull-twist action.
Insert the applicator
- Lie on your back with your knees bent. Gently insert applicator into the vagina as far as it will go comfortably.
- Push the plunger into the applicator until it will go no farther. Withdraw the applicator and plunger and dispose of it in the wastebasket. Do not flush.
- DO NOT USE TAMPONS while using this medicine. Use sanitary napkins instead.
PLEASE READ EDUCATIONAL BROCHURE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
ALLEGAN, MI 48010 U.S.A.
|Tioconazole OINTMENT 6.5%
|Labeler - DPT Laboratories, Ltd. (621782218)|
|Registrant - DPT Laboratories, Ltd. (621782218)|
|DPT Laboratories, Ltd.||621782218||manufacture|
More about tioconazole topical
- Tioconazole topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1249 Reviews
- Drug class: vaginal anti-infectives