Generic Name: menthol and capsaicin
Dosage Form: topical patch
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA.
Show On This Page
Releevia Patch contains capsaicin and menthol in a localized dermal delivery system. The capsaicin in Releevia is a synthetic equivalent of the naturally occurring compound found in chili peppers. Capsaicin is soluble in alcohol, acetone, and ethyl acetate and very slightly soluble in water. The menthol is slightly soluble in water.
Releevia is a single-use patch stored in a foil pouch. Each Releevia patch is 8.3 cm x 12.5 cm (104 cm 2) and consists of a polyester backing film coated with a drug-containing silicone adhesive mixture, and covered with a removable polyester release liner.
The empirical formula for capsaicin is C 18H 27NO 3, with a molecular weight of 305.42. The chemical compound capsaicin [(E)-8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide] is an activating ligand for transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 receptor (TRPV1) and it has the following structure:
The empirical formula for menthol is C 10H 20O, with a molecular weight of 156.27. The chemical compound menthol [(1 R,2 S,5 R)-2-isopropyl-5-methylcyclohexanol ] is an activating ligand for transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 8 (TRPM8). It has the following structure:
Each Releevia Patch contains 0.0375% capsaicin (0.0375 grams of capsaicin per patch) and 5.00% menthol (5 grams of menthol per patch). The Releevia patch contains the following inactive ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Diazolidinyl Urea, EDTA Disodiumm Salt, Glycerin, Iodoproynyl Butylcabamate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 80, Propylparaben, Sodium Polyacrylate, and Water.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Releevia Patch is indicated for the temporary relief of minor aches and muscle pains associated with arthritis, simple backache, strains, muscle soreness and stiffness.
Releevia Patch is an external analgesic/counterirritant.
Releevia Patch is contraindicated for those patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any of the components of the preparation.
- For external use only.
- Use only as directed.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not cover with bandage.
- Do not use on wounds or damaged skin.
- Consult physician for children under 12.
- Do not use if you are allergic to Menthol.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if conditions worsen, symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days or rash, itching or excessive skin irritation occurs.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Releevia patch contains 0.0375% capsaicin and 5.00% menthol.
Instructions for Use
- Clean and dry affected area
- Cut open pouch and remove patch
- Remove protective film and apply directly to area of pain
- Apply to affected area not more than 3 times daily
- Wash hands with soap after applying patch
- Reseal pouch containing unused patches
|Adults and children 12 years and over||
|Children under 12 years||
Releevia Patch is supplied in cartons with either 1 re-sealable pouch containing 5 patches or 3 re-sealable pouches each containing 5 patches each.
NDC 69329-025-05 5 Patches per carton
NDC 69329-025-15 15 Patches per carton
Storage: Store below 25°C. Avoid direct sunlight.
Patchwerx Labs, Inc.
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Made in USA
PACKAGE LABEL.PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
menthol and capsaicin patch
|Labeler - Patchwerx Labs, Inc (079584480)|
More about Releevia (capsaicin / menthol topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical rubefacient