Generic Name: benzoyl peroxide
Dosage Form: soap
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 22, 2019.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzoyl peroxide 10%
Use for the treatment of acne; helps prevent new acne blemishes from forming
For external use only
Do not use
- if you have very sensitive skin
- if you are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
When using this product
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- irritation becomes severe.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- using warm water, wash the affected area for 1 to 2 minutes
- rinse well and pat dry with a clean towel
- because too much drying of the skin may occur, start with 1 application daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
Store at controlled room temperature 59° -86°F (15°-30°C).
cetearyl alcohol, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycerin, hydrogenated castor oil, lactic acid, mineral oil, PEG-14M, potassium lauryl sulfate, potassium phosphate, purified water, silica, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, zea mays (corn) starch
call 1-888-784-3335 (STIEFEL). Side effects associated with use of this product may be reported to this number.
Now you can take control of your acne with Maximum Strength PanOxyl® Acne Cleansing Bar, the highest strength of Benzoyl Peroxide (BPO) available without a prescription. The Benzoyl Peroxide in the PanOxyl Acne Cleansing Bar is the same medicine prescribed by dermatologists.
The convenient bar form of PanOxyl gently removes dirt and excess oil to cleanse and unclog pores, making it an excellent choice for the management of acne on the face, chest and back.
PANOXYL is a registered trademark of Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
©2010 Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Principal Display Panel
10% Benzoyl Peroxide
ACNE CLEANSING BAR
DERMATOLOGIST Recommended Ingredients
Therapeutic acne control
- Benzoyl Peroxide effectively penetrates pores killing the bacteria that cause acne
- Clears existing acne blemishes and prevents new blemishes from forming
Net Wt 4 Oz (113 g)
benzoyl peroxide soap
|Labeler - Stiefel Laboratories Inc (808842343)|
More about PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 6 Reviews
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- FDA Alerts (2)