Monistat 3 Combination Pack Triple Action
Generic name: miconazole nitrate
Dosage form: cream
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on March 22, 2021.
|Miconazole nitrate (200 mg in each vaginal insert)||Vaginal antifungal|
|Miconazole nitrate 2% (external cream)||Vaginal antifungal|
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- relieves external itching and irritation due to a vaginal yeast infection
For vaginal use only
Do not use if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the prescription blood thinning medicine warfarin, because bleeding or bruising may occur
When using this product
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
- if you do not get complete relief ask a doctor before using another product
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not get better in 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- before using this product, read the enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- vaginal insert: with the applicator, place the vaginal insert into the vagina at bedtime for 3 nights in a row. Throw away applicator after use.
- external cream: squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply the cream onto the itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina (vulva). Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days, as needed.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- do not use if printed sealed pouches containing vaginal inserts are torn, open or incompletely sealed
do not use if seal over tube opening has been punctured or embossed design is not visible
- do not purchase if carton is open
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- vaginal insert: gelatin, glycerin, hydrogenated vegetable oil base, titanium dioxide
- external cream: benzoic acid, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl myristate, polysorbate 60, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, purified water, stearyl alcohol
If you have any questions or comments, please call 1-877-666-4782
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - kit carton
Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Inserts (200mg) and Miconazole Nitrate Cream (2%)
CURES MOST VAGINAL YEAST INFECTIONS AND
RELIEVES ASSOCIATED EXTERNAL ITCHING AND IRRITATION
3 OVULE® Inserts With 3 Applicators
PLUS External Cream
Net Wt 3 OVULE® Inserts
+ 0.32 oz (9g) Tube
|MONISTAT 3 COMBINATION PACK TRIPLE ACTION
miconazole nitrate kit
|Labeler - McNeil, PPC, Inc. (801375143)|
Frequently asked questions
More about Monistat 3 (miconazole topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 598 Reviews
- Generic Availability