Generic name: cetirizine
Dosage form: tablet
Drug class: Antihistamines
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 21, 2021.
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Cetirizine HCl 10 mg
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use
if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When using this product
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
- if breast-feeding: not recommended
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
adults and children6 years and over
|one 10 mg tablet once daily; do not take more than one 10 mg tablet in 24 hours. A 5 mg product may be appropriate for less severe symptoms.|
|adults 65 years and over||ask a doctor|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor|
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor|
- do not use if printed foil under cap is broken or missing
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, titanium dioxide, triacetin
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Original Prescription Strength
Hydrochloride Tablets, 10 mg/Antihistamine
Compare to Zyrtec® active ingredient
24 Hour Relief of: Sneezing; Runny Nose; Itchy, Watery Eyes; Itchy Throat or Nose
Indoor & Outdoor Allergies
Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, 10 mg Stretch Pack
|Members Mark Cetirizine
cetirizine hydrochloride tablet
|Labeler - Sam's West Inc (051957769)|
Frequently asked questions
- Should cetirizine be taken at bedtime or upon awakening? And before or after any particular meal?
- Is Generic Zyrtec Available?
More about cetirizine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 242 Reviews
- Drug class: antihistamines
- Prescribing Information
- Cetirizine (Systemic) (Professional Patient Advice)
- Cetirizine (FDA)
- Cetirizine Oral Solution (FDA)
- Cetirizine Tablets (FDA)
- Cetirizine Tablets Chewable (FDA)