Leader Heartburn Relief
Generic Name: cimetidine
Dosage Form: tablet
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 22, 2020.
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Cimetidine 200 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to cimetidine or other acid reducers
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
- theophylline (oral asthma medicine)
- warfarin (blood thinning medicine)
- phenytoin (seizure medicine)
If you are not sure you are taking one of these medicines, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- stomach pain continues
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water right before or any time up to 30 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- do not use if printed foil under cap is broken or missing
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, pregelatinized starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Compare to Tagamet HB 200® active ingredient
Cimetidine Tablets, 200 mg
Just One Tablet
Relieves and Prevents Heartburn and Acid Indigestion
Take Any Time you need it:
Heartburn Relief Carton
|Leader Heartburn Relief
|Labeler - Cardinal Health (097537435)|
More about Leader Heartburn Relief (cimetidine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: H2 antagonists