Generic Name: loperamide hydrochloride
Dosage Form: tablet, film coated
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 1, 2018.
Active ingredient (in each caplet)
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers’ Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Do not use
if you have bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
When using this product
- tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hours|
|children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)||1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hours|
|children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)||1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hours|
|children under 6 years (up to 47 lbs)||ask a doctor|
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not use if carton or blister unit is broken or torn
- see end panel for lot number and expiration date
anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, D&C yellow no. 10, FD&C blue no. 1, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Easy Open Package
Compare to Imodium® A-D active ingredient
Loperamide Hydrochloride Tablets, 2 mg
Controls the Symptoms of Diarrhea, Including Travelers’ Diarrhea
This package for households without young children
*Each Caplet (Capsule-Shaped Tablet) Contains 2 mg Loperamide Hydrochloride
|LEADER ANTI DIARRHEAL
loperamide hcl tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Cardinal Health (097537435)|
More about Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: antidiarrheals
- FDA Alerts (2)
- Good Neighbor Anti-Diarrheal (FDA)
- Sunmark Anti-Diarrheal (FDA)
- Sunmark Anti-Diarrheal Tablet (FDA)
- Topcare Anti-Diarrheal (FDA)
- Loperamide Hydrochloride (AHFS Monograph)