Generic name: sodium fluoride
Dosage form: gel
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 23, 2020.
The Gelato X brand name has been discontinued in the U.S. If generic versions of this product have been approved by the FDA, there may be generic equivalents available.
Fluoride Ion 1.23%
Available from 2.09% Sodium Fluoride and Hydrofluoric Acid
Indications and Usage:
- A stable thixotropic fluoride treatment gel used to help prevent dental decay.
- For professional use only. This product is not intended for home or unsupervised use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not swallow. If product is accidentally swallowed in quantities greater than would normally occur with a treatment gel, seek medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
- Read directions carefully before using.
Dosage and Administration:
Shake well before use. This is a one minute or four minute fluoride gel for in-office patient use. It is normally used as a preventative caries treatment two times a year.
- After thorough prophylaxis, fill two single or one dual tray, one third full with gel. Air dry teeth and insert trays into the mouth.
- Instruct patient to bite down lightly but firmly for one minute (80% effectiveness) or four minutes (100% effectiveness).
- Remove trays. Instruct patient to expectorate any excess gel and not to eat or drink for at least 30 minutes.
- Store at a controlled room temperature 59°-86°F (15°-30°C).
- Protect from freezing.
Citric Acid, FD&C Red #40, Flavor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phosphoric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Saccharin, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Xanthan Gum, Xylitol
sodium fluoride gel
|Labeler - Mycone Dental Supply Co., Inc DBA Keystone Industries and Deepak Products Inc. (078654194)|
|Registrant - Mycone Dental Supply Co., Inc DBA Keystone Industries and Deepak Products Inc. (014769301)|
|Mycone Dental Supply Co., Inc DBA Keystone Industries and Deepak Products Inc.||078654194||manufacture(68400-604), label(68400-604)|