Endal CD Syrup
Generic Name: chlorpheniramine maleate, codeine phosphate, phenylephrine hydrochloride
Dosage Form: oral liquid
Medically reviewed on November 1, 2017
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL)
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Codeine phosphate* 7.5 mg
*WARNING: MAY BE HABIT-FORMING
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
- Temporarily relieves runny nose and relieves sneezing, itching of the nose or throat, and itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies (allergic rhinitis).
- For the temporary relief of nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever, or other upper respiratory allergies (allergic rhinitis).
- Helps decongest sinus openings and passages; temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure.
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold or inhaled irritants.
- Controls the impulse to cough to help you sleep.
- Calms the cough control center and relieves coughing.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
If nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs, discontinue use and consult a doctor. If symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever, consult a doctor.
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Do not take this product, unless directed by a doctor, if you have a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis, or if you have glaucoma or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Do not take this product if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland, unless directed by a doctor.
Do not take this product for persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema, or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus) unless directed by a doctor.
When using this product
- may cause marked drowsiness; alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect. Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this product. Do not take this product if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers, without first consulting your doctor. Use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition. If cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache, consult a doctor.
May cause or aggravate constipation.
May cause excitability, especially in children.
Adults and children who have a chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath, or children who are taking other drugs, should not take this product unless directed by a doctor.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance, or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Adults and children 12 years of age and over: 10 mL every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 doses (60 mL) in a 24 hour period.
Children 6 to under 12 years of age: 5 mL every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 doses (30 mL) in a 24 hour period.
Children under 6 years of age: Consult a physician.
A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age. Giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child.
Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F).
cherry flavor, citric acid, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol.
Call (866) 417-9669
chlorpheniramine maleate, codeine phosphate, phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Tiber Laboratories, LLC (008913939)|