Dairyland Pre-Post Teat Dip
Generic Name: iodine liquid
Dosage Form: FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
TEAT DIPPING IN COLD WEATHER:
When the temperature falls below 10 degrees F, or when wind chill is significant,
special precautions should be taken to avoid chapped and frozen teats.
1. Teats should be dry before turning cows out into cold weather.
2. When teats are dipped after milking, allow 30 seconds contact, and blot
off any excess teat dip with a single service towel.
3. Warm the teat dip to reduce drying time.
4. Provide windbreaks in outside areas for cows.
5. Monitor fresh cows with swollen udders and teats since they are more
susceptible to chapped and frozen teats.
iodine and complexing agents), and when properly used, is effective as an
aid in reducing the spread of mastitis causing organisms. IODOPHORS are
considered relatively non-toxic, but should always be used in accordance
with label directions. Consult your veterinarian in case of teat irritation.
DO NOT DILUTE. USE AT FULL STRENGTH.
Important Use Instructions
1. Wash each individual teat with a sanitizing udder wash. NOTE: For best results,
keep hair around teat based clipped.
2. Hand strip teats to initial let down.
3. Pre-dip entire teat with PRE-POST 1/2% on all four quarters. Repeat process on
next 4 to 6 cows or until first cow prepped has at least 1 minute contact time.
4. Wipe each individual teat with a clean paper towel. Utilize a "pulling down" motion
which removes iodine solution, germs, and sediment from teat skin. Very
5. Place machine on cow and repeat wiping process on remaining cows that have
For Post Milking
DIRECTIONS FOR TEAT DIPPING. Dip entire teat with undiluted dip solution. Allow
to air dry adn remain on teats for prolonged contact time. Clean, sanitize and
thoroughly dry each teat prior to next milking. Replace dip solution when visibly
cloudy or dirty.
PROTECT FROM FREEZING CAUTION
Not for internal use. Avoid contamination of foods. Avoid contact with
EYES: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of cool running water for at
least 15 minutes.
INTERNAL: If swallowed, drink large quantities of water. DO NOT induce
GET MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
FOR ASSISTANCE WITH MEDICAL
A SANITIZING PRE AND POST DIP
An Aid in Reducing the Spread of
Organisms Which May Cause Mastitis
Active Ingredient............................0.5% Available Iodine
Emollient System Contains............5% Glycerin
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
STEARNS PACKAGING CORPORATION
4200 Sycamore Avenue - Madison, Wisconsin 53714
NET CONTENTS: 1 U.S. FL. GALLON (3.78 LITERS)
|DAIRYLAND BRAND PRE-POST
|Labeler - Stearns Packaging Corporation (006069256)|
|Registrant - Stearns Packaging Corporation (006069256)|
|Stearns Packaging Corporation||006069256||manufacture|