Generic name: cetirizine hydrochloride
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Drug class: Antihistamines
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 24, 2020.
(in each chewable tablet)
Cetirizine HCl 5 mg
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reactions to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When using this product
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
- if breast-feeding: not recommended
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- may be taken with or without water
|adults and children 6 years and over||1 to 2 tablets once daily; depending upon severity of symptoms; do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours|
|adults 65 years and over||1 tablet once a day; do not take more than 1 tablet in 24 hours|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor|
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor|
- Store between 20 to 25 C (68 to 77 F)
acesulfame potassium, artificial flavors, benzyl alcohol, betadex, colloidal silicon dioxide, dl-alpha-tocopherol, ferric oxide red, ferric oxide yellow, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, propylene glycol, talc and tutti frutti flavor
Manufactured in India by Sandoz Private Ltd.,
for Sandoz Inc., Princeton, NJ 08540
Principal Display Panel
Cetirizine HCl Chewable Tablets
Tutti Frutti Flavored
Do not use if individual blister unit is open or torn
Indoor & Outdoor Allergies
24 hour Relief of
- Runny Nose
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
- Itchy Throat or Nose
6 yrs. and older 5 mg each
cetirizine hydrochloride tablet, chewable
|Labeler - Sandoz Inc (110342024)|
Frequently asked questions
- Should cetirizine be taken at bedtime or upon awakening? And before or after any particular meal?
- Is Generic Zyrtec Available?
More about cetirizine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 241 Reviews
- Drug class: antihistamines
- Prescribing Information
- Cetirizine (Systemic) (Professional Patient Advice)
- Cetirizine (FDA)
- Cetirizine Oral Solution (FDA)
- Cetirizine Tablets (FDA)