MILK OF MAGNESIA by FREDS, INC
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 1200mg in 15mL
Labeler: FREDS, INC
NDC Code: 55315-649
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Magnesium hydroxide 1200 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 14 days
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug.
This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or
contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake well before use
- do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24 hour period
- dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor
- drink a full glass (8 oz) of liquid with each dose
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 to 4 tablespoonfuls|
|children 6 years to 11 years||1 to 2 tablespoonsfuls|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
- each tablespoon contains: magnesium 500 mg
- do not freeze
- store at room temperature tightly closed
purified water, sodium hypochlorite
|MILK OF MAGNESIA
magnesium hydroxide suspension
|Labeler - FREDS, INC (005866116)|
|Registrant - GCP Laboratories (965480861)|
|GCP Laboratories||965480861||manufacture(55315-649), pack(55315-649)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 17, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.