MILK OF MAGNESIA by FREDS, INC
Medically reviewed on December 12, 2017
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 1200mg in 15mL
Labeler: FREDS, INC
NDC Code: 55315-649
Magnesium hydroxide 1200 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug.
This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- shake well before use
- do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24 hour period
- dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor
- follow each dosage with a full glass (8oz) of fluid
|adults and children 12 years and older||2 - 4 tablespoons (TBSP)|
|children 6 to 11 years||1 - 2 tablespoons (TBSP|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
- each tablespoon contains: magnesium 500 mg
- do not freeze
- store at room temperature tightly closed
purified water, sodium hypochlorite
|MILK OF MAGNESIA
magnesium hydroxide suspension
|Labeler - FREDS, INC (005866116)|
|Registrant - GCP Laboratories (965480861)|
|GCP Laboratories||965480861||manufacture(55315-649), pack(55315-649)|