Anti-Diarrheal by Allegiant Health
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 13, 2017.
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 2mg
Labeler: Allegiant Health
NDC Code: 69168-248
Loperamide HCl 2mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers’ Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reactions to loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
- if you have bloody or black stool
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging.
These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- find right dose below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hours
- children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs): 1 caplet after the first loose stool; ½ caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hours
- children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs): 1 caplet after the first loose stool; ½ caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hours
- children 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs): ask a doctor
- children under 2 years (up to 33 lbs): do not use
■ store at 20º-25ºC (68º-77º F) ■ avoid excessive heat above 40ºC (104ºF)
corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, dicalcium phosphate dihydrate, FD&C blue #1 brilliant blue lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silica gel
Call 1-888-952-0050 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
loperamide hcl tablet, coated
|Labeler - Allegiant Health (079501930)|
|Allegiant Health||079501930||ANALYSIS(69168-248), LABEL(69168-248), PACK(69168-248)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.