Nicotine Polacrilex by Walgreen Company
Dosage form: gum, chewing
Ingredients: NICOTINE 4mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-0613
Nicotine Polacrilex 4 mg (nicotine)
Stop smoking aid
• reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
• a sodium-restricted diet
• heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
• high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
• stomach ulcer or diabetes
• history of seizures
• using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
• taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
• mouth, teeth, or jaw problems occur
• irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
• you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, and rapid heartbeat
• you have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as difficulty breathing or rash)
Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• if you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
• before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information
• begin using the gum on your quit day
• if you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use 2 mg nicotine gum
• if you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use 4 mg nicotine gum according to the following 12 week schedule:
Weeks 1 to 6
Weeks 7 to 9
Weeks 10 to 12
1 piece every
1 piece every
1 piece every
• nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
• chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again until the tingle returns.
• repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes)
• do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece
• to improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks
• if you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
• do not use more than 24 pieces a day
• it is important to complete treatment. If you feel you need to use the gum for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider.
• each piece contains: calcium 120 mg, sodium 8 mg
• store at 20 - 25ºC (68 - 77ºF)
• protect from light
acacia, acesulfame potassium, carnauba wax, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, flavors, gum base, hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium oxide, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate, talc, titanium dioxide and xylitol.
TO INCREASE YOUR SUCCESS IN QUITTING:
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Use enough - Chew at least 9 pieces of Nicotine Polacrilex Gum per day during the first six weeks.
- Use long enough - Use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum for the full 12 weeks.
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed User's Guide.
• FREE AUDIO CD Upon Request. See inside.
BLISTER PACKAGED FOR YOUR PROTECTION.
DO NOT USE IF INDIVIDUAL SEALS ARE OPEN OR TORN.
• Not for sale to those under 18 years of age.
• Proof of age required.
• Not for sale in vending machines or from any source where proof of age cannot be verified.
Well at Walgreens
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED
Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP,
4 mg (nicotine)
STOP SMOKING AID
FOR THOSE WHO SMOKE THEIR FIRST CIGARETTE
WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF WAKING UP
If you smoke your first cigarette
MORE THAN 30 MINUTES after waking up,
use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP, 2 mg
100 PIECES, 4 mg EACH
COATED ICE MINT FLAVOR
Compare to Nicorette® White Ice Mint active ingredient
nicotine polacrilex gum, chewing
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|Registrant - Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (001627975)|
Medically reviewed on Nov 15, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.