Low Dose Aspirin by H E B
Medically reviewed on November 9, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: H E B
NDC Code: 37808-627
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor. Because of its delayed action, this product will not provide fast relief of headaches or other symptoms needing immediate relief.
- ask your doctor about other uses for safety coated 81 mg aspirin
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
taking a prescription drug for
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stool
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use
- store between 15-30ºC (59-86ºF)
anhydrous lactose**, black iron oxide**, brown iron oxide**, corn starch**, croscarmellose sodium**, D&C yellow #10, FD&C yellow #6**, hypromellose**, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil**, pharmaceutical ink**, polysorbate 80**, potassium hydroxide**, propylene glycol**, purified water**, shellac**, silicon dioxide, simethicone**, sodium bicarbonate**, sodium hydroxide**, sodium lauryl sulfate**, stearic acid**, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate, yellow iron oxide**
**contains one or more of these ingredients
Call toll free:1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare BayerLow Dose Aspirin active ingredient†
Aspirin 81 mg
Pain reliever (NSAID)
- Enteric Safety Coated
- Aspirin Regimen±
THIS PACKAGE NOT FOR HOUSEHOLDS WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, distributor of Bayer® Low Dose Aspirin.
≠Aspirin is not appropriate for everyone, so be sure you talk to your doctor before you begin an aspirin regimen.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
PRIDE AND CARE FOR H-E-B®
SAN ANTONIO,TX 78204
|LOW DOSE ASPIRIN
aspirin tablet, coated
|Labeler - H E B (007924756)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.