Dosage form: shampoo
Ingredients: Piperonyl butoxide 40mg in 1mL, Pyrethrum extract 0.033mg in 1mL
NDC Code: 75940-171
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Piperonyl butoxide 4%||Lice treatment|
|Pyrethrum extract (equivalent to 0.33% pyrethrins)||Lice treatment|
treats head, pubic (crab), and body lice
For external use only
- near eyes
- inside nose, mouth, or vagina
- on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes.
See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
- allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
- keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
- if product gets in eyes, flush with water right away
- scalp itching or redness may occur
- breathing difficulty occurs
- eye irritation occurs
- skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Important: Read warnings before use
adults and children 2 years and over:
- check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- examine small sections of hair at a time
- unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- if either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
- apply thoroughly to dry hair or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck.
- allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer
- use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinse
- for head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles
- use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).
- hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
- if hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
- for head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
- lift a 1- to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
- pin back each strand of hair after combing
- clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
- after combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- check daily for any lice/nits that you missed
- a second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice
- if infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments
- children under 2 years: ask a doctor
- do not freeze
- store at controlled room temperature, 20 °C to 25 °C (68 °F to 77 °F)
- Questions or comments call (515) 276-1586
- see package insert for additional information
ammonium laureth sulfate, fragrance, PEG-25 hydrogenated castor oil, polyquaternium-10, purified water, SD-40 alcohol
Distributed by: MarcasUSA, LLC
El Segundo CA, 90245
• PROUDLY SERVING FAMILIES FOR •
Piperonyl butoxide 4%
Pyrethrum extract (0.33% pyrethrins)
Kills Lice &
Effective & safe for ages 2+
NEED HELP? •
& Nit Comb
LICE COMB INCLUDED
8 fl oz (236 mL)
*Proper use of nit comb removes nits.
piperonyl butoxide and pyrethrum extract shampoo
|Labeler - MarcusUSA (016139820)|
|Weeks & Leo Co.Inc||005290028||MANUFACTURE(75940-171)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.