Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: Basic Drugs, Inc.
NDC Code: 0761-0414
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
Stool Softener Laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Ask a doctor before use if you
- have stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- have a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- are presently taking mineral oil
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you need to use a laxative longer than 1 week
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not exceed recommended dose
- doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
|Adults and children 12 years and over||take 1-3 softgels daily|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1 softgel daily|
|Children under 6||ask a doctor|
- each softgel contains: sodium 5 mg. very low sodium
- store at 59°-77°F (15°-25°C)
- keep tightly closed
- product from USA or Canada
- Tamper Evident: Do not use if imprinted seal under cap is missing or broken.
FD and C red 40, gelatin, glycerin, edible ink, PEG, propylene glycol, sorbitol special, water. May also contain D and C yellow 10, FD and C yellow 6 (sunset yellow), mannitol.
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Basic Drugs, Inc. (052155082)|
|Registrant - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
Medically reviewed on Nov 6, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.