Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide
Dosage form: tablet, extended release
Ingredients: Guaifenesin 1200mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 60mg
Labeler: SAM'S WEST INC
NDC Code: 68196-073
|Active ingredients (in each extended-release tablet)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 60 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 1200 mg||Expectorant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
- do not use more than directed
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- do not crush, chew, or break tablet
- take with a full glass of water
- this product can be administered without regard for timing of meals
- adults and children 12 years and older: 1 tablet every 12 hours; not more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- Tamper evident: Do not use if carton is open or if printed seal on blister is broken or missing.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
carbomer homopolymer type B; hypromellose, USP; magnesium stearate, NF; microcrystalline cellulose, NF; sodium starch glycolate, NF
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
SAM'S WEST, INC.
BENTONVILLE, AR 72716
Compare to Maximum Strength
Mucinex® DM active ingredients*
Mucus Relief DM
Guaifenesin 1200 mg &
Dextromethorphan HBr 60 mg
Expectorant & Cough Suppressant
- Controls cough
|GUAIFENESIN AND DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE
guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide tablet, extended release
|Labeler - SAM'S WEST INC (051957769)|
|RECKITT BENCKISER HEALTHCARE INTERNATIONAL LTD||230780363||MANUFACTURE(68196-073), LABEL(68196-073)|