Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion and Cough
Medically reviewed on October 2, 2017
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: dextromethorphan hydrobromide 20mg in 20mL, guaifenesin 400mg in 20mL, phenylephrine hydrochloride 10mg in 20mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-540
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Severe Congestion & Cough
|Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 400 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- nasal congestion due to a cold
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product do not use more than directed
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age:
do not use
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 9 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
- may contain this ingredient
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Dextromethorphan HBr – Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin – Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl – Nasal Decongestant
- Controls Cough
- Relieves Nasal & Chest Congestion
- Thins & Loosens Mucus
6 FL OZ (180 mL)
FOR AGES 12+
SEVERE CONGESTION AND COUGH
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|