Zegerid OTC by Bayer HealthCare LLC.
Medically reviewed on October 5, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, gelatin coated
Ingredients: OMEPRAZOLE 20mg, SODIUM BICARBONATE 1100mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
NDC Code: 11523-7276
Active ingredients (in each capsule)
Omeprazole 20 mg
Sodium Bicarbonate 1100 mg
Allows absorption of this omeprazole product
● treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
● not intended for immediate relief of heartburn. This drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do not use if you have:
● trouble or pain swallowing food
● vomiting with blood
● bloody or black stools
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
● had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
● heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
● chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
● frequent chest pain
● frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
● unexplained weight loss
● nausea or vomiting
● stomach pain
● a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
● warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)
● prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
● diazepam (anxiety medicine)
● digoxin (heart medicine)
● tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicines)
● prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)
● methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
● any other prescription drugs. Sodium bicarbonate may interact
with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
● your heartburn continues or worsens
● you need to take this product for more than 14 days
● you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
● you get diarrhea
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-1222).
● for adults 18 years of age and older
● this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every
day for 14 days
● it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people
get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
● swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water at least 1 hour
before eating in the morning
● take every day for 14 days
● do not take more than 1 capsule a day
● do not chew or crush the capsule
● do not open capsule and sprinkle on food
● do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
● you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
● do not take for more than 14 days or more often than
every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
● children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor.
Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a
● each tablet contains: sodium 303 mg
● read the directions, warnings and accompanying label
information before use
● store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
● tamper-evident: do not use if the blue band around the
capsule is missing or broken. Do not use if foil inner seal
imprinted with “Sealed for your protection” is missing, open or
● keep product out of high heat and humidity
● protect product from moisture
FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C blue No. 2 aluminum lake, FD&C red No. 40, gelatin, polysorbate 80, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, sodium stearyl fumarate, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Call 1-888-4-ZEG-OTC (1-888-493-4682) between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday
omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate capsule, gelatin coated
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.