Stool Softener Liquid
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 50mg in 5mL
Labeler: AMERISOURCEBERGEN DRUG CORPORATION
NDC Code: 46122-399
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 50 mg
Stool Softener Laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Do not use for more than one week unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you
- have abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- are taking mineral oil
- have noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 14 days
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement within 3 days. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- a skin rash occurs
- you experience throat irritation
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control Center right away.
- follow dosing directions below or take as directed by doctor
- must be given in a 6 to 8 oz glass of milk or fruit juice to prevent throat irritation
- may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- take maximum daily dose until first bowel movement, then reduce dose according to individual response
- shake well before using
|Adults and children 12 years and over
||1 to 4 teaspoonfuls (5 to 20 mL)
|Children under 12 years of age
||ask a doctor|
- Each teaspoonful contains: sodium 15 mg
- Store at room temperature 15°- 30° C (59°-86° F)
- protect from excessive heat
- Keep tightly closed
citric acid, D&C Red #33, flavor, parabens, poloxamer, polyethylene glycol, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucrose, and water.
|STOOL SOFTENER LIQUID
docusate sodium liquid
|Labeler - AMERISOURCEBERGEN DRUG CORPORATION (007914906)|
|Registrant - GERI-CARE PHARMACEUTICAL CORP (611196254)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.