Acetaminophen Extra Strength by CVS Pharmacy
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 69842-531
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 tablets every 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
- do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- use by expiration date on package
corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sucralose, talc, titanium dioxide
Compare to the active ingredient
in Extra Strength Tylenol® *
Easy to Swallow Tablets
Tablets, 500 mg
Pain reliever, Fever reducer
150 FILM COATED
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer
Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Extra Strength Tylenol®.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2018 CVS/pharmacy CVS.com®
1-800-SHOP CVS V-11112
Money Back Guarantee
acetaminophen tablet, film coated
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||MANUFACTURE(69842-531)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(69842-531)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(69842-531)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(69842-531)|
Medically reviewed on Aug 14, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.