Ibuprofen Childrens by Cardinal Health, Inc.
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: IBUPROFEN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Cardinal Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 70000-0259
(in each 5 mL)
Ibuprofen, USP 100 mg (NSAID)**
**nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
• relieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, sore throat, headache and toothache
• reduces fever
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin.
Symptoms may include:
▪ hives ▪ facial swelling
▪ asthma (wheezing) ▪ shock
▪ skin reddening ▪ rash
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding.
The chance is higher if your child:
• has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
• takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
• takes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
• takes more or for a longer time than directed
Heart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
• if the child has ever had an allergic reaction to ibuprofen or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
• right before or after heart surgery
• stomach bleeding warning applies to your child
• child has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
• child has problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
• child has not been drinking fluids
• child has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
• child has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or had a stroke
• child has asthma
• child is taking a diuretic
• under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
• taking any other drug
• take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
• child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
• feels faint
• vomits blood
• has bloody or black stools
• has stomach pain that does not get better
• child has symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
• chest pain
• trouble breathing
• weakness in one part or side of body
• slurred speech
• leg swelling
• the child does not get any relief within first day (24 hours) of treatment
• fever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• redness or swelling is present in the painful area
• any new symptoms appear
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
• this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
• do not give more than directed
• shake well before using
• mL =milliliter
• find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
• use only enclosed dosing cup. Do not use any other dosing device.
• if needed, repeat dose every 6-8 hours
• do not use more than 4 times a day
• replace original bottle cap to maintain child resistance
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)*|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35 lbs||2-3 years||5 mL|
|36-47 lbs||4-5 years||7.5 mL|
|48-59 lbs||6-8 years||10 mL|
|60-71 lbs||9-10 years||12.5 mL|
|72-95 lbs||11 years||15 mL|
|*or as directed by a doctor|
• each 5 mL contains: sodium 2 mg
• store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
• do not use if printed neckband is broken or missing
• see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
acesulfame potassium, citric acid anhydrous, FD&C blue #1, glycerin, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized corn starch, purified water, sodium benzoate, artificial raspberry flavor, sucrose, xanthan gum
1-800-432-8534 between 9 am and 4 pm EST, Monday – Friday.
See New Warnings
For Ages 2 to 11 years
Oral Suspension, USP
100 mg per 5 mL
Lasts up to
COMPARE TO CHILDREN'S MOTRIN®†
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
|Labeler - Cardinal Health, Inc. (097537435)|
|Registrant - Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (001627975)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.