Pediacare Childrens Cough And Congestion
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Strides Pharma Inc
NDC Code: 59556-850
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
and guaifenesin liquid
(in each 5 mL)
Dextromehorphan HBr, 5 mg
Guaifenesin, 100 mg
Dextromehorphan HBr, 5 mg…….Cough suppressant
Guaifenesin, 100 mg…….………..Expectorant
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep
Do not use for a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma or chronic bronchitis
- cough gets worse or last more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious illness.
When using this product do not use more than directed
In case of overdose, seek medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- use only the dosing cup provided
- do not exceed 6 doses in a 24-hour period
- mL = milliliter
| Age (yrs)|| Dose (ml)
| under 4 years|| do not use
| 4 to under 6 yrs|| 2.5-5 mL every 4 hours
| 6 to 11 yrs|| 5-10 mL every 4 hours
- each 5 mL contains:sodium 3 mg
- store at room temperature
- dosage cup provided
acesulfame potassium, citric acid, FD&C red no. 33, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, monoammonium glycyrrhizinate, poloxamer 407, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sucralose, sucrose
Monday - Friday 8 am to 8 pm EST
|PEDIACARE CHILDRENS COUGH AND CONGESTION
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - Strides Pharma Inc (078868278)|
|Fareva Richmond, Inc.||969523245||MANUFACTURE(59556-850), ANALYSIS(59556-850), LABEL(59556-850), PACK(59556-850)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.