Stomach relief by CVS
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
NDC Code: 69842-172
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever and anti-diarrheal
- upset stomach associated with these symptoms
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. when using this product , if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert:Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- bloody or black stool
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- mucus in the stool
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
a temporary, but harmless darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center immediately.
- Swallow caplet(s) with water, do not chew
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 caplets every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not take more than 8 doses (16 caplets) in 24 hours
- use untill diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of fluids to help prevent dehydration which may accompany diarrhea.
- each caplet contains: calcium 27 mg, salicylate 102 mg and sodium 2 mg.
- very low sodium
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if printed seal under cap is torn or missing.
- store at room temperature, in a dry place
calcium carbonate, colloidal silicon dioxide, D and C red 27 lake, magnesium stearate, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, sodium starch glycolate.
bismuth subsalicylate tablet
|Labeler - CVS (062312574)|
Medically reviewed on Aug 8, 2017