Stomach Relief by CVS
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg in 30mL
NDC Code: 69842-527
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and anti-diarrheal
- upset stomach associated with these symptoms
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from children pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. when using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- bloody or black stool
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- mucus in the stool
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
a temporary, but harmless darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison control center immediately.
- shake well before use
- mL = milliliter
- TBSP =tablespoon
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (2 tbsp or 30 mL) every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses (16 tbsp or 240 mL) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each 30 mL or 2 Tbsp contains: sodium 8 mg, salicylate 260 mg, potassium 25 mg
- protect from freezing
- avoid excessive heat (over 104oF or 40oC)
- dosage cup provided
benzoic acid, D&C red 22, D&C red 28, flavor, hydroxy ethyl cellulose, potassium hydroxide, purified water, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, simethicone, xanthan gum.
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - CVS (062312574)|
Medically reviewed on Aug 8, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.