Ibuprofen by Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: Ibuprofen 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
NDC Code: 51672-2130
Ibuprofen 100 mg (NSAID)
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- relieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, sore throat, headache and toothache
- reduces fever
Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin.
Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if your child:
- has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- takes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- takes more or for a longer time than directed
NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
- if the child has ever had an allergic reaction to ibuprofen or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- stomach bleeding warning applies to your child
- child has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- child has problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- child has not been drinking fluids
- child has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
- child has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or had a stroke
- child has asthma
- child is taking a diuretic
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feels faint
- vomits blood
- has bloody or black stools
- has stomach pain that does not get better
- child has symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
- weakness in one part or side of body
- slurred speech
- leg swelling
- the child does not get any relief within first day (24 hours) of treatment
- fever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- use only enclosed dosing cup. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 6 to 8 hours
- do not use more than 4 times a day
- replace original bottle cap to maintain child resistance
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35 lbs||2-3 years||5 mL|
|36-47 lbs||4-5 years||7.5 mL|
|48-59 lbs||6-8 years||10 mL|
|60-71 lbs||9-10 years||12.5 mL|
|72-95 lbs||11 years||15 mL|
- Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F) [see USP Controlled Room Temperature].
- do not use if carton is opened or if bottle wrap imprinted with "SEALED FOR SAFETY" is broken or missing
- see bottom panel of carton for lot number and expiration date
acesulfame potassium, berry flavor natural & artificial, citric acid anhydrous, glycerin, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized modified starch, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Hawthorne, NY 10532
*Compare to the active
ingredient in Children's
Motrin® Dye-Free Berry Flavor
See New Warnings
For ages 2 to 11 years
Oral Suspension, USP
100 mg per 5 mL
Pain reliever / Fever reducer (NSAID)
Dye - Free
up to 8 hours
4 FL OZ
|Labeler - Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. (145186370)|
|Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc.||206263295||MANUFACTURE(51672-2130)|
Medically reviewed on Jul 7, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.