Childrens TYLENOL COLD Plus FLU
Medically reviewed on February 1, 2018
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 160mg in 5mL, Chlorpheniramine Maleate 1mg in 5mL, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 5mg in 5mL, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 50580-456
COLD + FLU
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 160 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg||Antihistamine|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- stuffy nose
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- to make a child sleepy
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child is allergic to any of the ingredients in this product
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child's dose into the dosing cup
- repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)|
|under 36||under 4 years||do not use|
|36-47||4 to 5 years||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|48-95||6 to 11 years||10 mL|
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not use if carton is opened or if carton tape or bottle wrap imprinted "TYLENOL" is broken or missing
anhydrous citric acid, D&C red no. 33, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, xanthan gum
call 1-800-458-1635 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
Acetaminophen, Pain Reliever-Fever Reducer
Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr, Cough Suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl, Nasal Decongestant
Ages 6-11 Years
- SORE THROAT
- RUNNY NOSE
- STUFFY NOSE
4 fl oz (120 mL)
COLD PLUS FLU
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride suspension
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|