Acetaminophen Extra Strength by Cardinal Health
Medically reviewed on June 18, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health
NDC Code: 70000-0312
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- the common cold
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 gelcaps every 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not take more than 6 gelcaps in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
- do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- avoid high humidity
croscarmellose sodium, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Gelcaps, 500 mg | Pain Reliever / Fever Reducer
COMPARE TO EXTRA STRENGTH TYLENOL® active ingredient*
100% Money Back Guarantee
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Johnson & Johnson Corporation, owner of the registered trademark Extra Strength Tylenol®.
DISTRIBUTED BY CARDINAL HEALTH
DUBLIN, OHIO 43017
Essential to Care™ since 1979
©2017 Cardinal Health. All Rights Reserved.
the Cardinal Health LOGO, LEADER,
and the Leader LOGO are trademarks
or registered trademarks of Cardinal Health.
All LEADER™ Brand Products Have A 100% Money Back Guarantee
Return to place of purchase if not satisfied.
|Labeler - Cardinal Health (097537435)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(70000-0312)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||MANUFACTURE(70000-0312), PACK(70000-0312)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(70000-0312)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(70000-0312)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.